Combination of a private clinic and 2 Belgian general hospitals.
Our secretaries Tahira and Marije are very committed to offering you the best possible help in obtaining your goals.
We will give you the choice of being operated in the private Singelbergclinic, or in the general hospital (Sint Jozef) in Bornem, Belgium, located 30 minutes from Antwerp or Brussels, the heart of Europe.
The Surgeons :
Singelbergclinic has 4 surgeons (plastic and maxillofacial) :
- Dr Bert Oelbrandt, Dr Steven Colpaert and Prof Dr Paul-Julien Guelinckx : consultants in plastic surgery; all are member of the the Belgian Royal Society for Plastic Surgery , which is the equivalent of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
- Dr Frans Noorman van der Dussen : consultant in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Special interest in craniofacial and FFS surgery.
Smaller cases (eg breast enlargement, liposuctions, eyelids, mini facelifts, etc... are done as a day case in the private SingelbergClinic; more complex cases are done in the general hospital, where longer operations and overnight stays are possible, i.e. DIEP flaps, maxillofacial surgery, FFS surgery, secondary rhinoplasty….
* Dr B. Oelbrandt trained both in Belgium and abroad ( UK and India).He will see you during your first consultation in London and guide you where and by whom to have your procedure. He is well-known for state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery techniques.
* Dr S.Colpaert is the team leader of a dedicated breast cancer unit , with a focus on breast reconstruction with DIEP, SIEA and SGAP flaps as a preferred technique. Latissimus or TRAM flaps are a second option. Dr Oelbrandt focuses on secondary breast augmentation while improving problems like capsular contracture and rippling after a first failed augmentation.
*Dr F. Noorman van der Dussen is internationally well-known for his craniofacial work focusing on FFS surgery (30 years experience) . Also , secondary rhinoplasty , cheekbone enlargement, chin implant , forehead remodelling, jaw and chin surgery with onlay grafts / osteotomies of upper and lower jaw (sagittal, bimaxillary, sliding genioplasty…)
* Prof Dr Paul-Julien Guelinckx is a world-expert in facial reanimation after facial palsy (congenital, trauma, viral, after previous acousticus neurinoma surgery, …) : by the use of mini - gracilis micovascular techniques ( a small muscle from the upper leg), a dynamic reconstruction is performed , giving patients back their natural smile.
Cosmetic surgery consultations in London
By bringing the consultations to London and the procedures to Belgium, Singelbergclinic can offer people a more affordable solution.
All consultations and check-ups are done by the surgeons themselves .
SingelbergClinic (private clinic)
This is a brand-new and private clinic where only smaller cases are done . At the end of the day, the patient will go to a near-by hotel. The next day there is a check-up in the clinic.
Travel package : Eurostar + 2 nights in Belgium = 200 £
Cosmetic surgery in the Belgian general hospital ( www.sjk.be )
The Sint-Jozef Kliniek is situated in Bornem, in the northern part of Belgium, close to the well known Flemish town of Antwerp (20 km), but still only 30 kms (20 miles) from Brussels, the heart of European affairs.
The local railway station is just a 5 minute walk away from the hospital. Parking facilities are also available on the premises.
Here, the patient can stay overnight as long as is medically required.
Problem’s such as MRSA infection are uncommon in Belgium, thanks to a strict infection control policy. Sterilisation procedures in hospitals are very strict, and are consistently regulated by the national authorities.
The Sint-Jozef Hospital complies to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Quality Certificates for cosmetic and maxillofacial surgery.
Insurance – Professional Indemnity
All surgeons who work within a general (public) hospital must be professionally insured, whilst this might not the case if a surgeon only works in a private clinic.
In the hospital, extra care is possible such as an accident and emergency department, intensive care, radiology , cardiology, vascular surgery, etc… Nearly all medical and surgical specialities are represented.
In practical terms, this means that unforeseen complications can always be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Only surgeons who are fully licensed and recognised by the Belgian government may call themselves 'plastic surgeon'. The Belgian GMC tags a number to every plastic surgeon, ending with – 210. That’s how you can recognise a Belgian plastic surgeon, equivalent to FRCS(Plast).
The immediate aftercare is done in Belgium. Most people stay 2-3 days in Belgium for the standard procedures, and 7-14 days in Belgium for the complex reconstructions.
Once back in the UK, you will have your check-up in London by one of our surgeons.
Helpline 24/24 available for advice
A nurse can be arranged to see you in the UK , every day postoperatively, but usually this is not necessary.
Contact details / Address :
Singelberg Clinic (private clinic), Grote Markt 32 , 9120 Beveren-Waas, Belgium (between Antwerp and Brussels)
Saint – Joseph hospital , 2880 Bornem (public hospital), Belgium (between Antwerp and Brussels)
London addresses for consultations:
1st Floor (by stairs) , 150-152 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 6BQ
Closest tube stations : Monument, Bank , Tower Hill , Aldgate
Tel UK office London : 0207 5382678 (Tahira)
Tel office Belgium: 0032-477 52 54 27
- New law on cosmetic surgery in Belgium Cooling off Period
- Crisalix-3D-simulation-Breast Implants
- New Law on Needlestick injuries in Belgian general hospitals
- Publicity on Cosmetic Surgery in Belgium
- Would you go to Turkey for teeth work, or Belgium for a boob job?
- PIP Implants France - Revision surgery - Claim - Explode - Remove
- Help , I 'dont have the money for my treatment...
- E112 Scheme for Treatment Abroad : now possible for DIEP flaps, maxillofacial surgery and facial paralysis reconstruction
- Mammography screening was associated with a increase in rates for breast cancer surgery in women and also an increase in mastectomy rates.
- Irish HSE pays for 14 sex-change ops abroad under E112 scheme